Unleash Your Creative Energy
In this 6-week series, we will learn how to break through creative blocks and instead, express yourself in the space of abstraction. Instructed by Artist Natalie Brake, classes are designed for any skill level and will inspire beauty, imagination and openness. With demonstrations and hands-on learning, participants will learn acrylic brush painting techniques, fluid pouring, work with amazing colours and play with rich textures. This is a fully immersive class that will free up your energy while building skills and relationships to last a lifetime.
No matter what your experience level you will definitely make some beautiful art, AND, at the end of the 6 weeks there will be a group exhibition at the studio.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Reconnect: Discover the part of yourself that is comfortable with abstract ideas and creativity, both internally and visually. Work intuitively rather than rationally.
- Movement: Explore movement both conceptually and in art.
- Colours: What makes a dynamic and compelling colour composition? How does colour affect you as the artist and then the viewer?
- Texture: Using a variety of mediums and techniques, learn to create rich textures in your art.
- Abstract Composition: Creating art outside the box starting with exercises and demonstrations designed to help you let go and inhabit a space of the unknown. Learn interesting, unconventional and unique approaches to creating art.
- Resin and Fluid Mediums: Learn to use epoxy resin and fluid acrylics; mediums that are lighting the art world up right now. Create stunning pieces that are rewarding to make and visually beautiful.
Participants will be working on various canvas sizes while preparing a large piece to be completed at the end of the 6 weeks. A group exhibition of participant works will be held on Friday, June 22nd, and is open to friends, family and the public.
Maximum of 8 participants
All materials and instruction included.
Group Exhibition of final pieces on June 22nd (optional).
Cost: $450 per person, includes tax
Street parking available (free)
Sundays - May 6, 13, 20, 27, June 3, 10
1:00 pm-3:30 pm.
Exhibition- Friday, June 22nd, 7-9pm
$450/person. Includes materials and instruction from Artist Natalie Brake
Registration closes April 15th. Full refunds available unti April 27th, 2018.
Questions? Contact Natalie